Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alex Alien Valentine Mailbox



I got the idea for this craft from the February 2010 issue of Pack-O-Fun magazine. I left the sample on my desk, and when I came in the next morning, someone had put a dollar in it. Score!

Supplies:
Empty 2 liter soda bottle (remove the cap)
Styrofoam ball
Red foam
Black felt scraps
Glue
Hot glue
Scissors
Pencil

Cut out a small circle of black foam and glue it to the ball. Push the ball down on the top of the bottle. This will be your alien's eye.

Cut a mouth in the middle of the bottle. I had to use a razor to make a small slit in each bottle, but the kids could cut the rest.

Draw teeth, tentacles, hearts, polka dots, or whatever you imagine on the red foam, cut it out and glue it on to your alien. Small pieces will stay on with regular glue, but larger pieces need hot glue.

Put it out and let it fill up with valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment